If rice is the main staple of your dinner table, I must advise you to check this post “Three Best Rice Cooker Japan in Sizes for 2020”.
Rice cooker is one of the most popular electronic products to buy in Japan, even if you are living alone or with your family. There are many manufacturers, features, and functions when it comes to rice cookers. If you look into every single product, it would take forever and would be too hard to choose the one for yourself.
In this post, I am going to introduce you Products Review from Amazon.
So, as I mentioned, there are three different sizes of rice cookers sold in Japan today. I’d like to briefly introduce the major features of conventional rice cookers and which one to choose.
< Size >
Size of rice cookers is displayed in “GO” (合) which is the Japanese counter words for rice. 1 Go is approx 150g. Ten go also called 1 “Sho” (升)
The sizes of rice cookers vary on how many Go of rice can be cooked as below:
– 3 Go size (approx. 450g): This size would be perfect if you are living alone or with your partner. It wouldn’t take up much space.
- Easy-to-use single switch control
- See-through glass lid with stay-cool knob
- Stay-cool handles for easy transport
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
- Every Zojirushi rice cooker comes with a plastic measuring cup. This cup has a capacity of 6-ounces or about 3/4 of a U.S. measuring cup. The size of the rice cooker is counted in these 6-ounce cups of uncooked short-grain white rice. One 6-ounce cup of raw rice makes about 2 to 3, 6-ounce cups of cooked rice
-5 Go size (approx. 750g): It is a perfect size for a family of three to four.
- Micro computerized fuzzy logic technology. Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter, Dimensions (W x D x H) 10-1/8 x 14 x 8-1/2 inches. The electrical rating is 120 volts / 610 watts
- Automatic keep warm; extended keep warm and reheating cycle
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, two delays time setting
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Built-in retractable power cord
-1 Sho size/10 Go size (approx. 1,800g): Great for a family of more than four.
- Induction rice cooker and warmer. Electrical Rating : 1,230 Watts
- Multi-Menu cooking functions. Dimension: 10 inch W x 14 inch D x 8 inch H. Capacity: Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter
- Automatic keep warm & extended keep warm keeps rice at the perfect serving temperature
- Healthy cooking options: brown rice, GABA brown rice, and germinated brown rice. Delay timer (2 settings) , Electrical Rating – 120 volts
- Note, please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product only. Troubleshoot-sparks by the plug when plugging or unplugging the power plug from the electrical outlet, this is common in rice cookers and does not indicate a malfunction.
< Features >
-Distinctive cooking feature:
There are many kinds of rice: white rice, unnecessary washing rice, brown rice, haiga-mai, zakkoku-mai (mixed rice). The distinctive cooking feature allows you to cook differently depending on what kind of rice you are cooking most deliciously!
-Hardness selection feature:
The function which allows you to choose the hardness of the rice does come in handy. If you want a particular hardness or want to change the hardness by a dish, then this would be a great function.
When rice nearly gets done cooking, the rice cooker will produce so much steam. This could be dangerous for a small child if they accidentally approach the cooker. However, if you use a steam-less/non-steam rice cooker, then you don’t have to worry about your child getting burnt by the steam. Also, it won’t allow the smell to come out so that you don’t have to worry about it either.
There are some rice cookers you can bake bread. From dough making ferment and rice to an actual baking process will be all done by a rice cooker, so all you have to do is turn on the switch and wait.
An Eco rice cooker can cook rice using less electricity, in other words, spending less money on electricity.
-Smartphone link feature:
There are many rice cookers with this function being sold these days. There is a special app that you can download and synchronize your phone with and enter your favorite recipes from the app to your rice cooker, which the best cooking method will be decided and cooked by a rice cooker. This will widen the range of recipes and save your cooking time.
< Style & Price Range >
-Microprocessor rice cooker
This rice cooker has an easy mechanism: heating the pot inside from the heater from the bottom of the cooker. You can cook rice fast, but the hardness of rice will not so be even, so if you are a fan of hard rice, it is the recommended one for you. It is not the best at keeping the rice warm, so if you are someone who eats the rice immediately after you cook it or doesn’t care the kind, then these rice cookers would be the perfect one!
From the manufacturer
|White Rice Setting
Cook perfectly fluffy white rice for a delicious main or side dish, or add sushi seasoning for effortless sushi at home.
|Brown Rice Menu Setting
Flavorful, healthy brown rice is prepared deliciously every time thanks to the unique flow of the brown rice menu setting.
|Steam Menu Setting
Steam menu setting and included Steaming Basket allow for healthful cooking of vegetables, seafood, and more.
|Cake Menu Setting
Bake a cake right in the rice cooker using the Cake menu setting. Recipes for Sponge Cake and Cheese Cake supplied in the user manual.
|Removable Inner Lid
Detaches for easy cleaning.
|Inner Cooking Pan
Nonstick coated to prevent the rice from sticking and for cleaning convenience.
It can be used to steam foods and cook rice at the same time (maximum amount of rice for concurrent cooking is 1 cup for the 5-1/2 cup size or 2-4 cups for the 10 cup size).
|Built-in Retractable Power Cord
Transport and store the rice cooker easily by retracting the Power Cord.
Other Settings and Features
- Micro computerized Fuzzy logic technology
- Automatic Keep Warm, Extended Keep Warm and Reheat functions
- Easy-to-clean bright coated stainless steel exterior
- Delay timer (2 settings)
- Easy-to-read LCD Display Panel with Clock and Timer functions
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Menu settings include: White/Sushi, Mixed, Porridge, Sweet, Brown, Cake, Steam, and Quick Cooking