In healthy living and wellness, Matcha, green tea is so popular on dieting it said that it is beneficial to lose weight and the widely acclaimed health benefits.
Matcha green tea powder contains137x the antioxidants of a cup of standard green tea. Matcha enhances energy, boosts metabolism, and protects against cancer.
Unlike the use of dried leaves or tea bags, matcha powder contains the whole tea-leaf dissolved in water. As a result, matcha is a powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Each two gram serving of matcha contains the antioxidant equivalent to 10 cups of standard green tea or 120 wild blueberries.
Matcha green tea is a Japanese green tea harvested specialized and stone-ground to a fine powder.
So, what is so magical in matcha green tea? It is phenomenal in lose weight. We all know that green tea helps to lose weight, but did you know that having one cup of matcha tea is equal to having 10 cups of regular green tea.
That means, with matcha green tea consumption, the total amount of abdominal fat decreases 25 times more than with regular green tea. The reason is that matcha tea has 200 times more EGCG than regular green tea. It has 137 times more antioxidants and chlorophyll than regular green tea.
The component EGCG boosts metabolism and stops the growth of fat cells. Matcha tea targets abdominal fat because of the active ingredient EGCG, and it activates intestinal fat cells and thus speeds up weight loss. Matcha tea also suppresses your appetite and reduces bloating, water retention, and improves digestion.
Matcha tea is grounded green tea leaves, so you are consuming green tea-leaf by drinking matcha tea. With ordinary green tea, you are just keeping the dried tea leaves and then discarding it, and that is why consuming matcha tea is more beneficial than having usual green tea.
Matcha green tea has zero calories when compared to coffee or other drinks. Additionally, it also has the much-needed caffeine to kick-start your day, and that will keep you more energetic.
It boosts your metabolic rate throughout the day. So it is best to have at least 2 to 3 cups of matcha tea every day for losing belly fat, but try not to have it after 3:00 p.m. as the caffeine content in the tea will keep you awake at night.
How to make matcha green tea for weight loss.
One. Traditional Matcha Green Tea
What you need:
- Matcha Green Tea
- Cup or a bowl
- Chasen (whisk)
- Hot but not boiling water
How to Make Matcha Tea without a Bamboo Whisk
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of matcha into a cup and add a tablespoon of warm (not boiling) water.
- Using your spoon mix thoroughly to remove any lumps of matcha (it’s easy to use the sides of the teacup to assist with this).
- Top up with more hot water for a hot drink or iced water and ice for an iced matcha tea. Enjoy!
- Preheat your matcha bowl by filling one-third of it with hot water. Dip the prongs of your matcha whisk in this warm water to soften them. Empty the container and dry with a clean cloth.
- Sift or place 1 level scoop (or 1/2 teaspoon) of matcha into the bottom of the matcha bowl. Note: You can sift this scoop of matcha into the pan, or you can use the end of the whisk to press down gently to break up the powder.
- Add approximately 70 ml of hot water (80 degrees Celsius).
- Hold the rim of the matcha bowl with one hand and the whisk with the other. You are using your wrist whisk vigorously in the “W” motion. You should see lots of bubbles on the surface & a thick foam. Enjoy!
Have this tea half an hour before breakfast or lunch. Do not add sugar, honey, or cow’s milk to matcha tea. The chlorophyll present in matcha tea, which gives the drink its vibrant green color, is very useful in the cleaning process of the body.
Two. Matcha Green Tea Latte (Hot or Cold)
1 tsp matcha green tea powder
2 tsp sugar (you would prefer the non-calories sugar)
3 tbsp warm water
250ml cold milk or 300ml hot milk
How To Prepare
- Spoon the matcha green tea powder and the sugar into a mug or cup.
- Add the warm water and mix with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan and pour it into the mug until nearly full. Use cold milk for an iced latte.
- Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk until smooth and light green.
- If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration. Or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.
- The Four Season in Japanese Kitchen - October 24, 2020
- What is the Difference Between Japanese and Western Diet Strategy - October 20, 2020
- What is Okinawan Diet - August 24, 2020